Public Works Director: Mike Fraider
- 708-385-6902 x415
Public Works Secretary: Janet Simmonds
- 708-385-6902 x416
If you wish to contact the village by telephone, please call 1-708-385-6902
|Alsip Village Hall
4500 W. 123rd Street
Alsip, Il 60803
Tues. thru Fri: 8am-4pm
Sat. & Sun: Closed
- 2018 Branch Pickup
- Approved Parkway Tree List / Permit
- Communitrees Partner Program
- Inspection / Trimming / Removal
- Tree Planting Permit
- Tree Ordinance
- NPDES Facility Inspection Report
- NPDES Public Hearing
- Storm Water Notice Of Intent
- Storm Drain Stenciling
- Storm Water Master Plan Project
- Storm Water Sewer Pollution Prevention Tips
- 2018 Street Sweeping
- Frequently Asked Snow Questions
- Mailbox Ordinance
- Snow Plow Parking Restrictions
The mission of the Alsip Public Works Department is to maintain the village infrastructure at peak performance levels. The department houses a staff of up to nineteen employees and a fleet of late, model-purpose built vehicles and equipment in a modern, temperature controlled building located just north of the Village Hall at 12221 S. Orchard Ave.
- The Department offers the following services to its residents:
- Roadway and Curb Maintenance and Repair
- Snow and Ice Removal
- Street Light Repair
- Traffic and Street Sign Installation and Maintenance
- Sidewalk Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair
- Monthly Street Sweeping
- Parkway Tree Trimming and Removal
- Grass Mowing and Weed Control on the Village Right-of-Way
- Monthly Branch Pick-Up
- Storm Sewer Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair
- Seasonal Mosquito Control
- Limited Animal Control
- Sanitary Sewer & Lift Station Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair
- General/Routine Maintenance within the Village
To contact the Public Works Department to request any of the services listed above, please visit our Citizen Services Portal.
- Please be aware of the following information:
- It is unlawful to place foreign objects or debris, such as snow, ice, and dirt, onto village streets. This also includes tree branches and garbage cans. Please place these items on the parkway for pick up on their specified collection days.
- It is illegal for sump pump run off to flow onto village streets & sidewalks. This discharge should be made to flow onto the grass area immediately in front of or behind your home.
- Do not permanently attach or install objects to parkways that are not approved or permitted by the Village. This includes boulders, statues, certain landscaping & trees, and brick-enclosed mailboxes.
- Branch Pick-Up is a service offered to Alsip homeowners between the months of April and October. Schedules are published in the Alsip Community Newspaper, on the village web site www.villageofalsip.org , and on the government access channel 4.
- Street Sweeping is a monthly (weather permitting) service performed through out the year. Schedules can also be found in the Alsip Community Newspaper, on the village web site, and on channel 4. Please remove all parked vehicles from the road way between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on days the sweeper is scheduled to clean your area.
- Village ordinance prohibits parking on village streets during snow clean up operations. Illegally parked vehicles not only risk being ticketed and towed, but also of being plowed in. Please make sure that you follow snow route parking guidelines along village streets.